Saturday, March 7, 2009

All Who Agree, Say 'Eyes!'

It is no secret that a significant amount of bandwidth on this here Boobienet, er, Internet is dedicated to discussions about and pictures of boobs. And derrieres. And legs. And hoohahs. In various shapes, sizes, colors, persuasions and positions. Yep, no secret. This is all well and good, nothing wrong with some nekkidness now and again. Boobs and butts, yeah, that’s cool.

One thing I haven’t seen a concentration on, insofar as I have done any actual research*, is one of the things I like the most about the lurvely female form: the eyes. Yes, indeed, all the other areas are fine, not knocking them**, but if there is anything that can stop me in my tracks, it’s a good pair of eyes.

When I a lad, I would often accompany my mom to the supermarket. I was a big eater as a kid, so it was like a toy store, except with food in place of the toys. I loved it. I looked forward to those trips. There was one aisle of the store, though, that filled me with a mixture of awe and weakness. It was the hair care products section. It never failed to make me nervous, weak-kneed and wobbly and feel even more of a kid than I already was.
It was the Clairol ladies. They did it.


Row after row, box after box, of what to me had to be the most beautiful ladies in the world. With the most amazing eyes. There I was, a goofy little boy made even goofier by all those lovely, lovely eyes staring at me. I was like a butterfly pinned to a board. I remember standing in the aisle frozen like a statue. Those eyes would follow me back and forth, back and forth. There was no escape. Usually it would take getting hit by a shopping cart or my mom looking for me to snap me out of it.

I am a lot older now, but eyes have lost none of their power over me. Now it is true that all of the other lovely curvy lady bits are certainly attention getters.

But I can say without a doubt, a lovely pair of eyes is an attention HOLDER. So let’s all pay attention, shall we?

*Read “none”, unless seeing things by default while web surfing counts as research.
**Well, maybe knocking them would be good. It depends…

12 comments:

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

so sweet. i have this visual of a little boy just stunned by all the boxes.

my daughter is like that also with the grocery store, altho she prefers the school snack area ;)

skywind said...

The Internet is an open world. Any person, regardless of when and where, as long as access can be connected. :)
Health is the Greatest Happiness
The World at The Present

Unknown said...

Some famous person once said 'eyes are the pathway to the soul'.

I'd have to agree with that one.

Anonymous said...

Nice writing.

Rhea said...

Back in the old days, people thought eyes possessed power...and could literally "Draw you in." I should look up my info on that...it's weird...and I'm not communicating it clearly here. lol

Delaine said...

Since I've started dating again post-divorce, without a doubt, it's what I see (or think I see) in a man's eyes that decides it for me. From warmth and caring to confidence and knee-weakening sex appeal, I want him to look at me, and not look at me, at the perfect moments. If he can't, then my interest seems to fly out the window:)

said...

What a great post! I love hearing about what makes a man weak in the knees. Especially when its something so innocently pure...

Thank you for sharing a bit of your vulnerability. Vulnerability is very sexy on a hot dad!

blue said...

Yup...have to concur...eyes and a man's jawline...sigh.

Susan said...

Eyes tell all. And my husband's hands... mmmm.

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

Aw, that's so cute. I have this awesome visual of you in the hair color eye ogling the hair dye boxes, lol.

And for the record, I have GREAT eyes. Both pairs ;)

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I can honestly say...that EYES are WAY sexy on guys also! My man needed to have eyes that were readable...as well as beautiful...even for a guy!

It's good to hear that some guys look at other things! :)

Ashly Star said...

AMEN!

I love eyes. I think they're one of the sexiest features on women and men. A pair of lovely eyes can make me swoon as well as anything else.

Related Posts with Thumbnails