Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Love in a Bottle

The following is a letter that I have just sent off to 'my friends' over at the Boston Beer Company. I wonder if they will take it to heart and help a brotha out.


Dear Samuel Adams executives,

I am writing this letter to you in an attempt to express to you the extent for my love of your Boston Lager. As I am sure that you have received many such letters, this one I assure you, is straight from the heart.

I first had the pleasure of being introduced to my first Samuel Adams Boston Lager in 1991, whilst living in Boston’s Back Bay. As with some human relationships…it was love at first sight. Our love affair has spanned the past 18 years and its full flavored goodness has been one constant in my life that would always be there for me.

Over the years, I would find myself angered and disgruntled at the fact that everyone does not carry the Sam Adams brand. People just don’t seem to understand the extent to which Sam Adams far exceeds other beers in the realm of quality, taste and …yes…drinkability. Yes…I am the guy with the collection of anything and everything Sam Adams (signs, openers, glasses, bottles and even retail store signage (that I pleaded with owners for.)

Getting to my point, during these times, times in which money is tight and budgets are stretched, I am finding it harder and harder to justify this long time relationship of mine. Currently I am out of work and am a father to 6 children. Besides scouring local stores for sales, the price of Sam Adams is making it like the love a teenage fan would have for a hot celebrity…consistently intense, but unattainable.

As I have written on my blogs about this love affair of mine (http://ipitw.blogspot.com/2009/06/insane-love.html http://ipitw.blogspot.com/2008/08/i-guess-pleasantries-are-overrated.html ) I plan to continue passionately writing about the most superb beer in the world, I am asking, right here and right now…for your help.

As a long time HUGE fan, coinsurer and lover of your beer, please help a struggling guy continue on this journey of love. As I cannot fathom my life without your delicious brew, I’d be happy and willing to plaster my blogs and Facebook pages with banners, ads and text links pointing to Samuel Adams. Coupons, website credits, cases (to review), etc. or anything else that you can think of would not only reinforce that yours is the best beer, but the best company in the world.

I eagerly look forward to your response.

Best regards.


Chris
Lover of Sam Adams – America’s World Class Beer

8 comments:

Chief said...

does this mean if you get shit faced on the free beer, you can't be held responsible because they supplied it to you?

Trooper Thorn said...

It's a new crusade: Blogging for Beer. I'm on board!

TentCamper said...

Gotta try....right?

Chapter Two said...

I am totally sold.

I am tried and true to my brand, but I am going to try a S.A. next time I am at the bar.

Hell, if it works, I too would be willing to be a spokesperson. (for another product of course, not stepping on toes here ;)

Brandy said...

Hell yeah! Other companies send out free product for sending them a favorable email so you just never know.

Missty said...

Way funny! Can't wait to hear their reply! Crossing my fingers for you.

OneZenMom said...

Carpe Cerevisi, Dude. Good luck! :)

Unknown said...

Good luck with that. If it works, I'm so sending one to Wendys.

Related Posts with Thumbnails