Friday, February 6, 2009

Overnight Excitement

I am very excited to announce that tomorrow I get to have my two boys spend the night with me. The last time I spent the night with them was September of 2005.

The divorce and visitation/custody proceedings have been long and drawn out. It is nice to know that things are finally moving forward. I have been spending weekend days with them but until now I have not been able to have them sleep with me.

I know that the first few sleep-overs will not be easy as they are used to being with their mother, but I am so happy that we will be having this time together. I have spent the last few days taping some shows and some of my favorite childhood movies for them, cleaning and setting up their room, preparing their beds and stocking up on their favorite foods.

Again…I can’t even venture to tell you all how happy I am …but at the same time I can’t help but to feel anxious and worried that they might have a hard time adjusting to sleeping at my house. I want it to be smooth and worry free for everyone. I know that it will all work out and that they will love spending every other weekend at my house.

Well….everything is ready and now…I just have to wait until tomorrow morning.

11 comments:

said...

Wow!! Hooray!!! I am SO excited to hear this news. I know you're just thrilled... and nervous! Be calm, be patient, be yourself. And don't take it personally if they do have a difficult time. It is not YOU. If you stay calm and reassuring, even if they want to go home, perhaps they'll understand that Daddy is not going to get mad at them for expressing their fears. I think all of us (grown ups and children) want that level of acceptance.

Congratulations! So happy to see things progressing!

Mariah said...

I'm SO happy for you, I hope it goes smoothly forall of you. Sorry I won't be around to help--you (and they) will be fine. Take T's advice and be yourself and parent the way YOU want to.

Jessica said...

YAY!!!! go you! i am sure you will have a blast!!

Brandy said...

Congratulations!

I think you'll be more nervous then they will. Just play it cool...kids are kids. They are going to have a great time just because they are with their Dad.

Anonymous said...

I suspect they just wanna be with you, everything else will be fine.
Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Thank you...everyone for your support and good wishes. I know things will be great...I am just anxious...in a good way!

Unknown said...

Ahh, that's great. You'll be fine if you just relax and take cues from them as to what comfort they need. It's sweet you got all your favorites together for them. I'm sure they will have a great time and look forward to being able to sleep over again.

ChurchPunkMom said...

You can do it, man!! Just breathe. :)

Have fun!

LiteralDan said...

That sounds so exciting-- I'm happy for you, and for them. I hope all goes well!

Autumn said...

that is just awesome! i am so happy for you, really really. you will do fine, they will adjust--just try not to spoil them too badly. let us know how it all went please. yay for you!

The Me/ The Wife/ The Mom said...

Your enthusiasm and joy at having them there will carry all three of you through the weekend.

Good luck.

p.s. Don't get upset if they ask for Mom - it's normal in any situation.

Related Posts with Thumbnails