Thursday, April 15, 2010

I got Funked!!

As I woke up this morning and …well, after driving the kids to school…had some coffee, I realized that my ‘morning funk’ would not go away.

I hate that little funk that just won’t fade. It is so hard to shake. It’s like a back ache…a constant bother that gets worse when you try to fix it. I have been mulling around this morning trying to get to the bottom of my funk…and all that is doing is making me think of all of the little things that are bugging me, the fact that I still can’t find a job, that I am unwillingly still married to my ex, that we have to put down one of our dogs, that relationships are not always a bed of roses, that I am getting old…you get my point.
I am now thinking that if I had never tried to ‘get to the bottom’ of my funk…it would have been long gone by now.

Anyone have ‘funk remedies’?

14 comments:

shawn said...

i usually hibernate until it goes away but i'm single with no children so it's a bit easier for me. my suggestion, get out. enjoy the outdoors. i went to the beach for a bit today. it was therapeutic. wish i had the perfect answer, but i don't. if you find it, let me know!

Surfer Jay said...

Sure sure, pop some drugs that increase the ole seratonin. You know, the good ole anti-funk meds. Even the analgesic tramadal works wonders, I mean woooonders. Wait, were you asking how to rid the funk with or without chemical induction?. Cus I don't have a natural fix. Sorry.

Not From Lapland said...

A walk or a run always help me out. Lots of fresh air

UP said...

When I'm in a funk, I pull weeds, or shread paper...after writing someone's name on it ...very theraputic...both are!

UP

Brandy said...

I blast some loud music and scream the lyrics while dancing like an idiot. Most of the time it helps just to get moving and get whatever is bothering me off my mind.

Danielle said...

Fresh air and sex. Maybe at the same time!!!

Missty said...

Lets see.... de-funking ideas...

Sex, going for a run, walk along the beach, swim in the ocean... that cold water will pull anyone out of a funk! lol

Eat a big yummy icecream sunday!

Its Friday - that is reason enough! Try and enjoy your weekend.

Homer and Queen said...

This is why women have weight issues. Chocolate and Diet Coke!

TentCamper said...

Thanks for the feedback everyone!! The morning sex seed to really help get me on the right track for today!!

dadshouse said...

A good run or a long bike ride usually helps de-funkify me. Hope you shake it before the weekend!

Not a soccer mom said...

Not a remedy for everyone but a good day in nature usually helps me.
We have rivers, mountains, lakes, and open meadows all over...getting close to nature and well, God in that way really energizes me.

Good luck to you, that funk is no fun. And good luck with all that ails ya, the dog, the ex....

Nonflammable said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nonflammable said...

Deodorant;)

Joanna Cake said...

A really good yoga class. It's impossible to think about anything else other than getting your body in the right position and continuing to breathe. Then there's the lovely relaxation at the end where you can feel all those endorphins buzzing around your body.

Works for me every time... which is why I do a class every morning!

Related Posts with Thumbnails