Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sexy Hookups Make Blogging More Fun!

I’ve been divorced ten years, and I’ve hooked up more than a few times. It’s not something I’m proud of. It’s simply an artifact of being a middle-aged single parent in the suburbs. It’s hard finding a woman who wants to date, doesn’t mind that I have teens, has time to date, is attracted to me, and who is someone I’m attracted to on multiple levels (mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually, sexually.) Hooking up provides much-needed intimacy when I’m in a dry spell, dating-wise.

Plus, hookups make blogging a lot more fun.

Case in point: remember my coffee date who just wanted rebound sex? Blog fodder, in spades.

Or that sexy wine country date I had with a Brasilian woman? She wanted to have car sex right there in a traffic jam. Ay carumba!

I have plenty of sexy and funny dating stories. In the archives, at least.

The reason this has come up right now is that I’m trying to stop hooking up, and open the way for the right woman to come into my life, be it for a long term relationship or a short-term snuggle fest. I’ve actually been in this mode for a while now. I’ve had some relationships (both dating and friends-with-benefits), and I don’t blog details about people I am currently seeing. I feel to do so disrespects their privacy, and it can only come back to bite me in the butt if (or when) things go downhill and we split.

Plus, it’s damn hard for a blogger to get a date with a new woman if she knows about my blog and she reads that I hooked up with someone else the night before!

And so, my blogging has been relegated to funny stories about recycling bottles and cans, and my teen son wanting ripped abs and massive pecs. (Of course, even dates gone bad can turn into good blog material if they involve a tattooed hooker on craigslist personals. Doh!)

At some point, I’ll stop this dating nonsense, and get back to generating blog topics the old-fashioned way – by hooking up!

p.s. if my date this weekend reads this post, please know all this hookup talk is humor! Fiction! Funny stuff! I made it all up while helping an old lady across the street, on my way to volunteering at the local animal shelter where I’m busy researching a cure for colds in cats.

19 comments:

MommyLovesStilettos said...

I love this post! :)

Kat Wilder said...

That's why I write under a pseudonym. However, isn't it true that those who talk/write most about it ...

Oh, never mind. I believe you, Dads

Unknown said...

RIGHT???? lol...

MindyMom said...

Like you, I don't write about current relationships - at least until recently when I finally admitted I was in one. And then shortly afterward it ended so lesson learned, I wont be writing about that again. But bad dates and the like? They make better blog fodder anyway.

allconsoffun said...

that's just....
awesome!
yah. good luck on this wkds adventures!

TentCamper said...

Colds in cats!?!?!?....I thought you said you were researching feline vaginal warts?!

Great post. I know the feeling about opening the door to find the right woman...and let me tell you that it works. I have finally found mine.

said...

LMAO! Love it DH!

Danielle said...

You date? I would never have known. ;)

dadshouse said...

Mindy - how many dates that are just so-so do you tip the scales and let them go bad, just so you can blog about them?

I know if I'm on a train-wreck date that I should end immediately, I will ride it out just to see what blogging material I can get out of it.

And if I'm on a good date, I'm making mental notes of what NOT to blog about.

Elizabeth said...

Mott, I just heard some journos on NPR talking about doctors helping the injured while over in Haiti.

And one guy said, that for him the ethical dilemma is quite simple. When you are helping a patient/dating someone more the casually/maybe even out on a date -- "turn the camera off." Only you know where to draw the line.

Meanwhile, we're making it up as we go.


PS I thought your final lines on the post on your homepage linking to this post were hysterical.

RJ Larese Casting said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TentCamper said...

Sorry about deleting a comment on your post brotha....pimping is cool...spam is not :)

Not a soccer mom said...

I love reading about your hook-ups and your dates. But I am not an anonymous blogger and will continue to keep my hookup stories to myself and my best friends.
Good luck on your date

Mama Llama said...

I admit to, on more than one occasion, wondering what your writing must do for your social/sex life. Guess I now know! :P

Good luck this weekend, Dads! Be well.

Nicki said...

I love it! And I have sooo much to learn from you. I, too, find I have to dig a little deeper for a post when I can't rant about elimidates, not a dates, and all those bad dates.

dadshouse said...

It's funny - I've had a few women read my blog and THEN say they wanted to date me. I've had other women say they'll go out, then they read my blog, then they cancel.

I should post a big sign: if you take your clothes off, I won't blog about it! And if you don't, I will! :-) (Blackmail, in a weird twisted sort of way. Hahahahahahahahahaha)

And for those wondering what line Elizabeth is referring to: http://dadshouseblog.com/2010/01/21/sexy-hookups-make-blogging-more-fun/

Keith Wilcox said...

Yeah! That's it! Helping an old lady cross the street :-) But, you know, that's why I love reading your blog. I can always rely on you to have a story that I've never heard anywhere before. Your most recent craigslist one was a good one. I also especially liked the coffee house one. In any case, nothing like that ever happens to me -- which is why it's fun to read from someone else.

professional search engine optimization said...

The more you are after the sexy girls, the more are chances of your involvement of some serious disease. So, don't be after them.good post for sexy matter.

web designing jacksonville said...

this type of seen is not coming till now in my life..

Related Posts with Thumbnails