I haven’t been blogging much these past few months, mainly because I was in a car accident (whiplash, concussion, and car was totaled). I simply haven’t had the time or energy. Plus I feel like crap (light-headed, tired, achy) if I don’t hold my neck and head in the absolute perfect position. Staring at a computer is hard work. No joke! (Though you can feel free to make jokes. I have thick skin. Just not thick enough to hold my friggin head, neck, and shoulders in a position that doesn’t hurt. But I’m working on it.)
So what have I been doing? Here’s my
Top 5 ways I’ve spent my time while recovering:
5) Sleeping!!! – sleep truly is the great elixir. If I work up enough energy to ride my beach cruiser, I sleep like a baby that night.
4) Physical therapy – my therapist is helping me re-learn how to move correctly. First I had to get my flexibility back. Now I’m working on strength. No, not Popeye arm strength or WWE steroid strength. Simply enough back strength to help me keep a posture that doesn’t hurt my f**ing neck!
3) Eating – I’ve always cooked and eaten well to fuel my sports, and now I’m cooking and eating well to fuel my recovery. Of course, I don’t eat as much as I used to, since I’m not burning three-zillion calories a day. But I have a hungry and growing teen son who is starting to lap me at the dinner table, so everything is getting eaten.
2) Working – my ass off, whenever I'm not sleeping. I actually started an iPhone app development company last fall, and over the winter built an iPhone alarm clock app that totally rocks (IMHO). Now I'm plugging it to the press (and plugging it here!) I’ll blog about it in detail later, after its gotten some reviews. (If you're curious, here's the iTunes app store link to the alarm clock app. The screens are gorgeous, so take a peek. I won't go into features, lest my shameless self-promotion incite a Hot Dads riot. But rest assured, the features rock, too! Haha.)
1) More sleep! See points 2, 3, and 4 above. I need my rest.
Looking over this list, I realize it reads sort of like a vacation planner to-do list. So here’s my
Top 5 Ways for a Hot Dad to Spend Vacation:
5) Sleep! Preferably on the beach or in a hammock
4) Physical therapy – of the bedroom variety with a hot girlfriend (I’m divorced) or hot wife (for the married guys). Of course, tennis, golf, cycling, swimming, diving are all physical therapies too. So is couch sex.
3) Eating - all you can eat buffets cooked by an executive chef in a resort or cruise ship are perfect on vacation. So is fine dining in a high-end restaurant, or slumming it on the street from an ethnic food truck. As long as someone else cooks, it’s all good.
2) Working – on your tennis swing, golf swing, fishing cast, sailboat mastery, etc. You get the point.
1) More sleep!
Now then, if only I was recovering from my car accident in Spain or Greece or Hawaii, with a gorgeous woman taking care of me, I’d be set…
The Boy and the Pine Forest - One day, his parents drove him several hours outside of the city and the place that he knew as home. They passed by meadows, farms and forests on the way t...